I wish I had good news, but sample package still missing :(((
Project Status & Expectations
Samples in Transit
The samples are still in Transit/missing. I've been mailing, calling, and even visiting the various companies involved in handling the package. So far I've figured out that:
- Fedex has handed over the package to another company for the last mile/pickup point delivery.
- This specific company for last mile/pickup point is only recently working together with Fedex and didn't have all their systems up to date yet.
- This company says they had the package delivered at the pickup point, but due to their systems not being ready they were unable to inform me that the package was there - and after a few days of not being pickup up they send it back to their main logistics hub.
- However, I have visited the pickup point, but at that time they mentioned that they hadn't received ANY Fedex packages yet due to not having any way to receive them - thus I believe that they simple didn't take the packages and send it all back to the main logistics hub.
- The package is now very likely floating around on conveyer belts in this logistics hub. I have contacted the company involved, but they haven't gotten back and will only be able to do so on weekdays. Thus I will keep calling and mailing that specific logistics hub now in addition to both Fedex & the pickup point to keep me up-to-date.
- Fedex has already given a formal apology, but that doesn't really do anything to alleviate the situation. They did mention that they will actively track the package and once it gets back from the other companies logistics hub into Fedex hands then they will immediately let me know.
What's going to happen now? I don't know, but here's the options ranked from best to worst with the top 3 being most likely to happen:
1. I call to logistics hub on Monday, they have the package, and I can pick it up there myself within 1 week.
2. Logistics hub will redeliver the package to either pickup-point or myself within 1-2 weeks.
3. Package will time-out in logistics hub and be redelivered back to Fedex, and hopefully they will allow me to directly pick it up in Utrecht within 1-3 weeks.
4. Package gets send back to sender without letting anyone know and then the manufacturer will have to send it again within 1-4 weeks.
5. Package is lost/destroyed...
I will keep you all up to date. Let's hope this gets resolved as soon as possible!
Once again, thank you all for supporting the project. And thank you for your patience and trust even in frustrating times like these!!
You can still make changes to your address information yourself by going back to the PledgeBox link in your mailbox. Before the dice will be shipped I'll send out a reminder for everyone to check their address information via mail & Kickstarter. For anything else you can contact me at email@example.com
Keep on rolling!